Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lipstick on a pig

I have a confession. Forgive me. I like Lipstick Jungle. No really, I do. I thought I would watch one, dismiss it as trash and not bother again. But having watched 5episodes of a series of 7, it looks like I'm going to make it to the end. Worse still, I'm really enjoying it. Its easy to say its a Sex and the City copy. Its the same writer and while that was about four women in New York with unrealistic lifestyles, this is about three women in New York with unrealistic lifestyles. There's lots to like. Lots of New York locations which look great, Kim Raver is fabulous in it and its the fastest show on the box. No really the thing just speeds by, propelled by so much plot that you don't have time to realize that its no good. Storylines and characters whizz past you at great momentum without pausing for breath. And next season we get Mary Tyler Moore joining the cast. However a thumbs down for Living who next week take it off for some scary-Halloween-makey-up-in-a-haunted-house crap show (who watches them?). But check out the show before it disappears, its more enjoyable than bloody Heroes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindylover1969 said...

I'm sorry, but I'm still watching Heroes. What I'm not watching is Lipstick Jungle (no desire to). Or 24 (I fell out of the habit several seasons back and felt no real desire to go back). Or Fringe (I really don't give a toss about the Pattern, and I've had enough of Kurtzman and Orci).

Or, come to think of it, this blog... See you.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home